miércoles, 20 de junio de 2007

I wish you were here

but you are not.
I wish I could summon you, so you would appear,
in flesh, in charm, in whole,
but I can't.
I'm starting to forget your face,
your smile,
your eyes,
you whole,
and although memories don't fade,
details do.
Is memory whimsical,
or just the ultimate survivor
(and thus, protector), of the human soul?
Pain can be forgiven, barred, blocked,
but can it be erased from the subconscious?
I can not remember your face anymore,
although I know that, once, your face filled my entire life.
I can not remember you and, what is vital,
I can not remember what made me love you so much,
what made me forget you so much,
what forced me to expel you out of my soul
(or, at least, of what was left after you).
Now, I am not wounded,
I am not hurt,
I think I have learnt,
but out of redemption.
Now I don't feel void
Although, deep down, I know I am.
(Luis Fernández Antelo)

No hay comentarios: