miércoles, 4 de julio de 2007

the global responsability: actions and inactions. From Katin to Iraq





Ring around the Roses,
a pocketful of posies.
Ashes, ashes,
we all fall down!

There is a new plague throughout the world. A plague called deafness of the heart. Contentment. Non-active behaviour. Blame outsourcing. Selfishness. Ostricht style blindness. Ennui. A plague cherished by the actual sublimation of self castration of the will to locate blames out of our entourages. By self induced innocence, for it is not us who make the bombs, the bullets. Look at your shoes, your shirts, your jeans: do you think they would be worth 40/50$ if hoestly manufactured in an European country, where social rights are guaranteed? Do you think we could keep our actual standard of living if a global equality of rights existed? death is necessary; poverty is necessary; war is unavoidable to keep prices and interest rates. I strongly suggest the reading of Eduardo Galeano's "las venas abiertas de América Latina" (the open veins of Latin America), in order to know about intrahistory. Realism, reasons d'etat, economical decisions concerning retirement of stocks are necessary for the keeping o fthe occidental way of life. The problem is that the formerly scattered arab tribal groups -which later became, artificially, nations-, have found a catalyzator, someone to hate, a reason for them to get together: us. We have crumpled the ages-old "divide and conquer" politics, and have succeeded at the only task we shouldn't have ever started: to become the occidental demon in the eyes of many. If we add the massive emigration fluxes, the new world powers revelation, Chaos in the ancient communist regimes and a pathetically obvious decadence of Occidental culture, might not we feel doomed? Let us fill our pockets with roses, look for red or black blotches on our necks and pray (those which haven't forgotten God). Vale.

5 comentarios:

Quim dijo...

After a tough day at work, a short-sighted, manichean online rant about current events is fine, but please don't indulge in it. It's not only a fallacious approach to reality, it's toxic. Honestly, your beautiful soul deserves more than the gargabe your gut feeds it when inflamed by the constant contradictions of human nature. Temptation is high, but you must resist the allure of the dark side if some day you wish to become a Jedi knight.

demagophobe dijo...

And can you give a more realistic approach to reality, devoided of "gutty" tenptations? I would really love for you to share with us a piece of objective, clarifying and illuminating view, as only those with your perspective and experience can produce, perpetrate and/or simply give birth to. Waiting for you, my friend: glove has flown to the ground.

Quim dijo...

Dearest D.,

Isn’t it ironic that you react to my well-intentioned piece of advice with so much ire, considering the fact that (1) you are perfectly aware (we’ve know each for some years now) that I only mean well when I criticize you and (2) the sole purpose of such advice was to warn you against the temptation of knee-jerking?

It could be considered equally ironic that the same reason why I can’t accept your challenge constitutes a practical example of the kind of balanced analysis of, and reaction to an irrational act that you dare me to provide.

Indeed, I’m talking about friendship.

Because I’m your friend, I’ll never engage in an argument with you unless it is based on premises that allow me to reasonably infer that a constructive outcome is possible. To begin the discussion with name-calling is the exact opposite of such kind of premise.

Because I’m your friend, I will disregard your name-calling. Analyzed in full context, the potential offense of your nastiness is totally insignificant compared to the many virtues that you have, and the enormous benefits I obtain when you allow me to have access to them.

I love you mate. Take care,

Q

demagophobe dijo...

Although I must recognise and applaud your noble (no pun intended) response, I still think that, as you just reasoned, a rational response would have been more expected than your first reaction to my post. I still wait for you approach, meaning it, as always, from the perspective of the friendship you mentioned -for you know I count you between my close friends-, which entitles us to both rational and irrational, coherent and incoherent..., but always constructive dialogue. Obviously, such is always expected from the likes of you, and that is where my "wrath" came from. And you know it, Q.

demagophobe dijo...

P.S.- Love you too